We’re looking for a strong and hands-on VP of Engineering to join SWIPEBY and to spearhead our technology development.
As the VP of Engineering , you own and shape the most important part of SWIPEBY, our tech platform. You will work with and lead our off-shore development team of backend, frontend, iOS and Android developers. Your mission is to support our strategic ambition to become the leading curbside/ordering platform by leveraging latest technologies, building power features while mating a scalable technological base.
SWIPEBY is built in .Net and SQL Server. Our user and business facing apps are native for android and iOS.
You will be working directly together with our founder and CEO and you will have exposure to our board and extensive advisor network. You will be our strongest technological resource and own decision around everything SWIPEBY tech.
This role is a leadership position with the potential to grow as the team and business grows.
Your compensation package will be a combination of stock options and base salary.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work together and lead our off-shore android, iOS, front-end and full stack developers
- Take part in the entire product lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write quality code
- Develop and maintain UI test to optimize performance
- Be obsessed with technology trends and implement those to improve SWIPEBY
- Prepare and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Discuss technology strategy with partners and investors
- Entrepreneurial mindset: can-do attitude, results-oriented, pragmatic, hands-on
- High degree of curiosity with the ability to ask thoughtful questions and solve challenging problems
- Works well as part of a team
- Enjoys the startup environment
- 5+ years' experience of working as full stack developer position
- Solid experience with programming languages especially ASP .NET Core
- Excellent understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment) and application lifecycle
- 2+ years' experience with ORM's like Entity or Prisma
- 5+ years' experience with Sql Server or Postgres database
- In-depth knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Familiarity with software quality assurance principles
- Able to use functional programming to design simple and elegant solutions